Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Two Left Feet and They're On Backwards

Yesterday I had my first Zumba class. I had heard all sorts of great things about this dance aerobic class, and have wanted to try it out for a while now. Well, I suddenly find myself self-employed with some time on my hands. I promptly ran out of excuses for why there were dishes in my sink and why I wasn't hitting up the gym. The dishes are still in my sink because I'd rather do cardio than dishes.

And the strangest thing happened...I loved it! Several people I know are of the opinion that if you're going to work out it has to be hard and boring and suck. I have never ascribed to this theory, and despite the fact that I'm a white girl to the bone, I love to dance. I miss going out to the O.P. on Friday nights and dancing until the D.J. or the stupid girls with their giant purses on the dance floor pissed me off. It was great cardio. Especially because in El Paso they'd mix in some salsa and reggaeton. So this was like heaven! Well minus my gay husband doing the shopping cart, and lemme tell ya that boy knows how to push a fake basket in a club.

But it was so much fun. I'm sore all over. Even my elbows hurt...!? I went back for another class today. I think I may be hooked. I was very sad when the instructor told me that I should only do three classes a week. I mean it's only Tuesday, well Wednesday by the time I get this posted.

Either way, I found a class that appeals to me and am super excited to keep with it. Aaaaand while we're on good notes, I've lost an inch off my waist. No significant change anywhere else, but my waist is now 31 1/2". Sa-weet!

No comments:

Post a Comment