Monday, January 2, 2012

Part of the Problem:

I think part of the problem I have with the word "voluptuous" is how remarkably often people mispronounce the shit out of it! The word is "VOLUPTUOUS." I think the "p" sound has much to do with my distaste for the word, but it drives me bat-shit up the walls when people throw an "m" in there. There is no "m" in there! M's got better things to do! She's busy bossing Bond around. Turning voluptuous into volumptuous just makes me cringe. Even as I type volumptuous that red wavy line is screaming, "Hey! Knock it off!" The word now contains the word "lump." And there is nothing sexy about a lump. If you've got a lump, you need to get that shit looked at.

So, the moral of today's story is pronounce your word correctly. Because with a word like this, there's really no need to go from bad to worse.

Ate:
Whataburger for breakfast (One resolution for this year is no fast food breakfast unless I'm so hungover I'm tempted to keep drinking instead.)
Jimmy John's ham, turkey, and cheese skinny sandwich. (Don't let that name fool you. That bitch had almost 600 calories.)
Chocolate Banana Skinny Smoothie (This one actually was pretty skinny on the calorie count)
Spicy sesame chicken from Pho Colonial with Cucumber Limeade to drink (Which was the freakin' bees knees!)

Yeah. We went way over the calorie count today. We'll do better tomorrow.

Workout:
Consisted of letting my eighteen month old nephew chase me in laps around the sofa with his Frankenstein zombie arms..in heels. I then proceeded to fall to the floor and let him catch me. Where he crawled on top of my butt and pushed on my back until I army crawled across the floor, dragging his adorably chunky butt with me.

And if you don't think that's a workout...you try it. Get back to me on that one.

2 comments:

  1. The only word that's worse is "rubenesque", which I actually heard a guy describe his girlfriend as once and wanted to slap him on her behalf.

    Just be honest. "Pretty... but a little on the chunky side perhaps" is not nearly as insulting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Why do we even have that word? That poor man. Kelly Clarkson goes multi-platinum, and all Ruben gets is another word to describe "built like a brick wall."

    I hope you at least spilled your drink on him.

    ReplyDelete