Monday, July 2, 2012

Dominos

So I lost three pounds last week. Which would be well and good and all if I hadn't jumped up to 210 on the scale before that. I've been bad lately. Not in a tee hee naughty behind closed doors kind of way. Like in a not sleeping, eating too much to stay awake, drinking too much, not exercising enough kind of way.

There are rational explanations for all of this. I had a few back to back sewing projects to where I was working at least 18 hours a day. Because I was up longer, I was eating more and more carbs and starches to keep me up with sugar rushes. Then I also had a play I was working on...which means hanging out with actors (which I am as well). There was a saying I stumbled across in college that I thought summed things up well: The drinking department has a theatre problem. After weeks of being cooped up working all hours by myself I wanted nothing more than to get out and socialize. Which involves food. Which involves alcohol. At late hours that you have no chance of burning off all that you've consumed. Sleep became higher priority than working out. Then job searches became the priority. Then going out of town. You get the drift? Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Well, as I suspected, just a lifestyle change helped immensely. Going to bed and getting good, restful sleep. Cutting back on the fast food. Cutting out the sodas and back on the alcohol. Cutting out the entire extra meal I was eating most days. Working cardio back in. Three pounds in a week.

I managed to find a time at the pool the other day when there weren't a bunch of screaming children (although I did have to glare at a creepy maintenance guy who thought he'd catch a free show) to get in some laps. Even got tan lines from that!

I landed a job for the next little bit helping open a store and spent all day hauling and unpacking boxes.

I'm actually looking forward to the changes in my life that are kick starting this process again. I'm tired of starting over, so it's time to stop quitting. Regardless of how crazy things get. I've got to find the me time in all of it, and make it a priority. Good talk. Now go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment